Monday, November 23, 2009
Don't let the cold get to you ... get out to the Edmonton Winter Light Festival and enjoy fun for all of the family!
See below for just a few things to do at the 2010 Winter Light Festival:
1. Marvel at the spectacular ice sculptures on display at the Ice On Whyte event. Local and international carvers compete for the top prize.
2. Silver Skate Festival is held in the picturesque Hawrelak Park and is a unique blend of art, recreation and sport. Enjoy skate marathons, the Winter Triathlon and Night Works in the Park!
3. Take part in the remarkable Aboriginal Winter Camp. In tipis, tents and tupiqs, artists and heritage interpreters share their unique culture through fire-tending, storytelling, dance and music!
4. Take the kids to the Deep Freeze Festival – a celebration that includes the enchanted ice & snow garden, outdoor curling, skating, hayrides, and the Melt the Deep Freeze dance party!
5. Sit around a campfire, drink hot chocolate and join a night time walk through a magically lit forest at the Snow Daze winter camp!
6. Enjoy storytelling and music with the kids at the Hearts of Fire mid-winter feast!
7. Skating, sledding and magical lights on the lake are all part of free family fun during Big Winter. Enjoy the Big Whoop, Little Winter, Snowboot Soccer and Adventure Island!
8. Winter Light’s closing event at the Edmonton Ski Club brings together dazzling fire performances, spectacular freestyle, skiing, Zipfys on Kid Mountain and the ride of your life on the world’s largest Dragon Luge!
To book a Winter Light package contact Urban Insight Travel
For more information about Winter Light go to Winter Light 2010